Nearly 5,000 years after the emperor of China consumed the first cup of tea, it is still one of the world’s most popular beverages – second only to water.
In honor of the history of tea, we celebrate National Hot Tea Month each January. Below are some ways that you can enjoy the special occasion:
- Try Cooking with Tea – Green tea can be an excellent substitue for water in most recipes. It also makes a great marinade for beef, fish or tofu. For starters, try this delicious recipe for Vegetable Soup with a Green Tea Twist.
- Take a Break with Tea – Hot tea is inherently soothing and relaxing. Brew some fresh green tea in the afternoon and take a quick mental health break from the hustle and bustle of the day. You can also use it to wind down in the evening. Shut off the TV and relax with some hot tea. It will help you relax before crawling into bed!
- Replace Your Coffee Shop Bought Tea with Home Brewed Tea One Day a Week – Instead of standing in line at the coffee shop, brew some fresh tea at home. Your kitchen table always beats long lines, and over time, the money you save will really add up!
- Try Flavored Tea – Tea isn’t limited to the black and green varieties that we normally think of. If you are looking for a flavor fix, Salada offers a variety of exciting flavors such as Pomegranate Berry, Tropical Mango with Mate, and Spiced Chai!
- Use Tea as a Break from Water – We all know that we need to stay hydrated, but sometimes water can get a little bland. Keep a reusable container of iced tea or hot tea on your desk. It’s a nice alternative to water, and keeping it in front of you will serve as a reminder to take a hydration break! Check out this video to learn how to brew the perfect cup of Salada Tea.
Most of all, have fun experimenting with new ways to enjoy tea!
And remember, a few small steps can lead to big changes.
Article first appeared on www.unbottleyourtea.com/tara.